Sunday, July 14, 2013

Opinions and Hamburgers

There is something very motivational and inspirational about using junk food to teach academics.

My dog Bella already senses that a long evening is before her.

If you search for persuasive or opinion writing on Pinterest, you'll find a very cute pink and blue What is Your Favorite Ice Cream chart, a Persuasive Writing Oreo, and the hamburger graphic organizer you see on my floor in the above picture. All yummy, right?

My goal is to do a writing triboard with labels and illustrations for each writing chapter. I would have straight up used the hamburger graphic organizer or the Oreo organizer, but our curriculum specifically tells the kids to use a reason, fact, reason, fact format. I thought I better stick to what they're actually being taught! Thus, out came the construction paper, and my own burger anchor chart emerged!

Today's Blue Plate Special!

My burger makes me so happy! Please note that the green is lettuce and the yellow is cheese--no pickles or mustard for me!

Here's another version someone made out of a placemat.

I'd like to someday do something with the French fries idea too!

No comments:

Post a Comment