Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bloggy Blessings

I meant to post this yesterday, but the picture I wanted to post with it would not upload...and still won't! So I'll have to post cleaning pix later, when the computer's less finicky!

I feel like I've learned a lot about classroom teaching lately, even if it's just what WBT is or the Daily Five. But, not having a degree in education, I know there is still a lot for me to learn.

My classroom is now shampooed, my furniture dusted and freshly painted, I can start moving in tomorrow. My goal is a fresh start. I taught two years ago at the same school, my first year in a classroom. But that was then, and this is now, and by God's grace, I am determined to have a fresh start implementing what I have learned in tutoring this last year and through Pinterest and blog ideas.

Still, it is so nice when one of the teacher blogs you follow posts something other than a TpT buy for a money counting learning center or a picture of her latest Pinterest-inspired Target buy.

Teaching Maddeness actually posted, for all the world to see, her long range plan for the school year, broken down into subjects and dates and blocks of units. It's awesome. I have a similarish plan already in a Word doc, but I like how hers is at once definite and yet not a micromanage of every day or detail. And how it's broken down into dates!

Thank you, Amanda, for sharing something so practical!

No comments:

Post a Comment