Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 2

Today was Day 2 of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade! I have been blessed with an amazing morning aide! WONDERFUL! I'm also thankful that I decided to go ahead and use Whole Brain Teaching this year. It's going really well! I was leery about using the scoreboard because I didn't quite understand it. But after a crash course via youtube videos right before school started, I've been using it, and it's been working MARVELOUSLY, especially the mighty oh yeahs and mighty groans!

Today I handed out some Roll and Cover Addition from Journey of a Substitute Teacher (see here). My 3rd grade boys LOVED it! They treated the dice like a bowling ball and who knows what else, but it was MATH. So I found a bunch more roll and cover game boards tonight to use as extra-finisher assignments.

Our new administrator has been encouraging us to use technology in the classroom. Before school started, one of the highschool math teachers did a mini-seminar on different websites. I'm excited to show my 4th graders two Khan Academy math videos tomorrow! I know they will love it, and I'm hoping it will really help them grasp the concepts.

Off to get rested for Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment